Print fail

roccop

Hi All

i have a print job at the moment that has two parts the one on the left hand side has failed from the beginning, see attached image , but has kept going so the material is just coming out and balling up. i have a question, can i pause the job delete the side that is failing and then continue with the other half that has worked? if so please tell me step by step how to do so. job was sliced in cura. Usin Black abs and natural PVA bot ultimaker materials 

IMG_4952.jpg

Hi

Unfortunately no. Normally you could manually edit the gcode, delete the lines for the other part (but they are mixed) and delete also the already printed layers of the right part. But when you start the "new" print job, the printer is doing its bed leveling and this is not possible with the already printed part.

But even without the bed leveling problem, it is more time consuming than just to restart the job.

Your left part failed because of the bed adhesion, you should use something to increase the adhesion on the glass, like Dimafix spray or glue stick. I prefer Dimafix for ABS. 

Posted · Print fail

Hi Smithy

thanks for your help i believe it failed because it thought the PVA was empty and did not print due to the coil having a divot in it from the feeder ,i use glue stick on the bed all the time. i find this a constant issue with PVA it must be moisture maybe

Yes, PVA is very sensitive and absorbs moisture from the air very quickly. You should always store the PVA spool in a sealed bag or box with silica gel. And if you do longer prints you should consider to buy a Drybox that the spool is also during the print job in a dry environment.

You can regenerate a spool on the heated bed overnight, to dry it again, check out the instructions on the UM website.

Wet and soft PVA causes a lot of problems and when you hear a sizzle sound during extrusion you know it is too wet. And this can clog your nozzle, has terrible print quality and such things.