Wrong time calculation

simmonsstummer

Posted · Wrong time calculation

Hi,

i'm printing an object that cura told me the U2 should have print in approximately two hours. But now (two hours later)... it still tell me that left two... and the print is almost at the half.

Cura has committed an error or is something else?

Thank you.

It's a long-standing and well-known bug in Cura, due to the fact that it's actually quite complicated to figure out how long a print will take, since the print head doesn't move at a constant speed but, rather, speeds up and slows down for (some) corners.

Daid has said in the last few days that he's working on improving it, so i expect there will be fixes in an upcoming release of Cura.

Yes, next release (out next week if nothing goes wrong) will feature updated time estimates. Worst I had so far was that a print of 2 hours and 30 minutes was estimated as 2 hours and 40 minutes. Which is not too bad. The new estimate is usually pretty accurate or up to 10% worse then the actual printing time.

Yes, it also effects the estimation of the UM2.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies