Ultimaker Cura 4.7 MultiColor Extruder temperature

matzeeg3

Posted · Ultimaker Cura 4.7 MultiColor Extruder temperature

Hi everybody,

i hope someone can help me with my problem.

I have Zonestar Z9M3 and i have one little Problem.

The Z9M3 has one Extruder with one Temperature but 3 stepper motors for the 3 colers

If i wan´t to print something with for excample color 2 (extruder 2) so now if i slice with brim than the gcode did the following:

it disable the extruder temperature after the printer is finished with the brim. than the temperature is lowering until the print job failes.

the same happend if i print with multicoler the layer where extruder 1 is finished and will not be needed anymore the temperature is lowering down.

i did not know how i shoud fix this.

hope someone here can help me. thank you very mutch.

kind regards

matthias

Since it seems that nobody wanted to stick their nose in you are stuck with me for a bit.

I have looked at those type of multiple-in-1-out extruders but have not decided whether I want one or not.  After seeing your post I've played around a bit with Cura.  There are likely better ways to do this but...

I figured it was probably necessary that all three materials have the same printing temperature.  I created a custom PLA material in Cura and set both the printing and standby temperatures to 210.  I used that material in all three extruders.

Then I searched Cura for "temperature" and with each extruder selected in turn, set all temps to 210.

I set walls to print with extruder T0 and top and bottom to print with extruder T1 and infill with extruder T2.

Looking through the Gcode file - M104 was only present at the start of the file as each Tool was heated.  Those were followed by M109's.

The next M104's were after the last time each extruder was used and then a following M104 S0 shut it off.  That wasn't good.  I searched for M104 S0 and commented out all but the very last one.

My take from this is that getting the hot end to stay at one temperature all the time is doable.  It seems to require just a little fancy footwork.

• Like 1

If you look around enough you find things out...

In the Marketplace there is a plugin called "Printer Settings" that will accomplish what I was trying to do manually.  Just install Printer Settings and then make them visible.  One of the settings is "Extruders Share Heater".  Check the box and you should be good.  (My thanks to Developer on Reddit).