Override Zhop speed

RealNewDeal

Posted (edited) · Override Zhop speed

I think this is what you're looking for.  You didn't mention your printer.  This is for mine...

Within the "creality_base.def.json" file in the "Overrides" section is "machine_max_feedrate_z":{"default_value": 10 }, .  That sets the max allowable Z-Hop speed in the Cura settings dialog.

Still in the Overrides but down a bit further is "speed_z_hop":{"value": 5 }, and that sets the default number in the Cura settings dialog.  It's what shows until I make a change.

If you can find the lines in your definition file - change the max to 25 and the speed to 20, save the file and restart cura.

Edited by GregValiant

Posted · Override Zhop speed
    On 11/12/2020 at 4:24 PM, GregValiant said:

I think this is what you're looking for.  You didn't mention your printer.  This is for mine...

Within the "creality_base.def.json" file in the "Overrides" section is "machine_max_feedrate_z":{"default_value": 10 }, .  That sets the max allowable Z-Hop speed in the Cura settings dialog.

Still in the Overrides but down a bit further is "speed_z_hop":{"value": 5 }, and that sets the default number in the Cura settings dialog.  It's what shows until I make a change.

If you can find the lines in your definition file - change the max to 25 and the speed to 20, save the file and restart cura.

Forgot to do that, mine is a Sidewinder X1.

Posted · Override Zhop speed

Artillery Sidewinder X1

Here's the location and file name you need to alter.  "c\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.8.0\resources\definitions\artillery_base.def.json

The instructions noted in my previous post apply.  Alter the two lines.  Don't alter anything but the numbers.  If there are spaces, there are supposed to be spaces.