Why - "G1 F2700 E-5" before print starts, and how can I fix/remove.

MarkT

Posted (edited) · Why - "G1 F2700 E-5" before print starts, and how can I fix/remove.

Ever since I moved back to Cura from S3D I have been wondering why my skirts don't print well.  Sometimes the skirt never even prints at all and a bit of the part's 1st layer doesn't either on smaller parts.  So I am digging around the gcode for something else and find this - G1 F2700 E-5.  There we go, that explains it.  This is after all other startup code and right before the skirt prints.  If anything, I would want it to extrude some rather than retract 5mm.  This is not in my custom startup code, but is generated by Cura.  My profile is Creality CR-10 Mini.

So how do I get rid of this or adjust it?  I can't find where to adjust the machine profile behind the curtain.  

Thanks,  Mark

Edited by MarkT

Posted · Why - "G1 F2700 E-5" before print starts, and how can I fix/remove.

I had the same problem.  My workaround is to use the "Search and Replace" plugin and change "G1 F2700 E-5" to G92 E-5.  That results in a little prime blob when the skirt starts, but...it's a skirt.  At least the flow gets going right from the get go.

Changing the retraction speed or retraction distance changes the line so I have to remember to change the search criteria as well.

• Like 1