Bug: Bridge settings prevent changing direction of lines.

Gerrardh

Posted · Bug: Bridge settings prevent changing direction of lines.

I've seen others complain about this (in 2019), but I haven't seen bug raised yet - hence the post.

Enabling "Bridge settings" defaults to the bridge taking the longest path from point to point, and this is not configurable.

I've attached a series of images - I've changed the values for the top and bottom line directions (0 and 90°), I've tried changing the top/bottom line pattern, and changing the orientation of the part - none of these work - as you can see in the images the lines run the full length of the part in each case. When I disable bridge settings the lines run across the part as they should.

Please change the default behaviour and/or expose the bridge direction variable for the user to set as desired.

Thanks

2020-11-21_13-16-44.png

2020-11-21_13-17-22.png

2020-11-21_13-17-37.png

2020-11-21_13-17-53.png

2020-11-21_13-18-32.png

2020-11-21_13-18-51.png

2020-11-21_13-19-25.png

2020-11-21_13-19-39.png

• Like 1

Posted · Bug: Bridge settings prevent changing direction of lines.

So I decided I would use Change at Z post process to add a lower speed for this particular layer as a work around, after checking the gcode in Cura, I needed to restart. After re-starting, the problem doesn't exist. I now have bridge settings enabled, and the line direction is across the part - not along it.

I guess the bug should be updated to "sometimes"? I definitely wasn't working earlier, but now it is.

So weird!

• 7 months later...