Sign in to follow this  
lee

bed adhesive suggestions UM1

Posted · bed adhesive suggestions UM1

I eventually run out of my gratis blue masking tape... I noticed it was made by 3M so ordered some wider 3M blue tape. The original blue tape stuck like a mother and after every single print the blue tape would need to be changed as it would tare in the removal etc etc.

But the new blue tape (as well as trying standard white masking tape... and very expensive green 'frog tape') doesnt stick very well at all.

I have to use V05 hair gel spray to get a slight stick as well as a raft.

Im just wondering what you guys use to increase adhesion ?

ps..

I haven't got a heated bed.

Posted · bed adhesive suggestions UM1

What Illuminarti said. Removes that non-sticky wax from the backside of tapes. Found in anywhere bandages are sold:

isopropyl alcohol (bottom shelf)