Feeder turns the wrong side

yeshead

Posted (edited) · Feeder turns the wrong side

Hello,

I have a very strange problem but first I will tell my configuration.

I have the Ultimaker Original and changed a lot but mostly the printerbed, I made a heated bed but it is not controlled by Ultimaker but by other equipment.

So I have a heated bed but the software of the Ultimaker doesn't know.

I have experimented with the firmware (because I tried it to let it controll by the printer itself but didn't work out).

So I made everything original again (as I said, the heated bed it not controlled by the printer anymore but I do it on another way).

I use Cura 15.04 and let Cura install the firmware (again) for the Ultimaker Original so everything is back to original.

Than I wanted to print a battery holder and everything went fine untill I was halfway through.

20201202_193444.thumb.jpg.74a841b8cc4baae2254487befe6f52dd.jpg

When the printer was printing the holes something odd happens.

It was jumping from the end of the hole to the next section and.......de feeder was suddenly turning the wrong side (for a very short time, just a very quick 3/4 turn and than back the right way).

Feeder.png.42ece9a1941883bf9e936c076aa80166.png

The arrow with the word "EXTRUDE" is showing the way the feeder turns but when it is printing the holes is went suddenly a 3/4 turn the other way (see the red arrow).

Then it is going the right direction and by the next hole it is again turning the wrong way.

It is pulling the filement out of the nozzle so there is no plastic anymore to extrude.

See the print that was wasted.

Does anyone know where I must look for this failure?

And more important, how I can prevent for this occurrence?

Help!

Edited by yeshead

Posted · Feeder turns the wrong side

I had the same problem with my Ultimaker 2, after upgrading last week.  
    Revert it back to the original settings. and all was fine.  

Its very strange its changes direction in mid-print. 

Could it be that your retraction settings are at 10 x of the default. 
    Absolutely not sure. But it may be worth it to check.

Posted · Feeder turns the wrong side

Hi StudioKubuz,

Thanks for your response.

I will check the retraction setting, can't do it right now.

But it is strange that one setting (doesn't matter which one) can change the direction of the feeder.

I thought that the feeder has nothing to do with a print but is allways going one direction and one direction only.

I also thought that with the firmware set by Cura, is setting the original settings.