Favorite printing colors?

Daid

Posted · Favorite printing colors?

a little question.

are there any sources for different soft arch colours in PLA.

stone white, light greys, things that could be really used to make nice arch prints.

I already spotted a few nice on faberdashery but was wondering if there were any more sources for different colours ?

Thanks guys.

Ian

And I see they have flexible PLA in stock. I might get some of that to try...
    I have a 100m roll of flexible black from Ultimaker. I've only used a few meters of it and I found it almost impossible to print with it.

I'm planning to give away some to people who want to try it on the next Ultimaker evening.

yeah I've heard that the flexible PLA is difficult to print with.... But what are the problems exactly? I'd like to try. Not sure I want to but a whole 100m roll for something that may prove unusable... It would be nice if Faberdashery had it so I could buy just a couple of meters.

Cheers,

Troy.

The problem is the grip from the extruder drive. It grinds into it very easy. Maybe the V3 bolt will work better, but I thing you need some kind of extruder that puts the pressure on more surface area.

so i have just ordered for our new projectc Pearly White and Architect Stone from Faberdashery... hehe.

cant wait to see how it comes out... hehe :):)

will be posting pics but probably next week when i get them.

Ian :)

When I was looking for a white plastic Faberdashery was sold out of the 'Arctic White' and they didn't have Pearly White as an available colour yet... So I ordered some of that Architects stone instead and I love it. I find it to be a much more 'natural' white than the others. It's not really much of a stone colour... maybe white limestone like... but for me it's the perfect colour for a lot of white things as it's a clean, but dull white and looks similar to common polystyrene that is used in model kits. If you're a Star Trek fan (and who isn't?) I find it to be a nice match to the off-white colour of the original Enterprise as seen in the Original Series.

Cheers,

Troy.