Cura displase 2 dimentional circle. What am I doing wrong?

bulldw2021

Posted · Cura displase 2 dimentional circle. What am I doing wrong?

Using: Blender 2.8 and latest version of Ultimaker Cura with blender plugin.

I designed a simple 3D pulley wheel in Blender.  Checked the setting where in metric and units are in millimeters. Saved the file with a .blender extention as my Ultimaker Cura has a blender plugin.  However, importing the .blender or .stl file into cura produces the same 2d circle.  Can some one advise me what I am doing wrong?

Screenshot 2021-01-03 at 20.31.14.png

cura_slicer_screen_shot.png

cylinder1.stl

Posted · Cura displase 2 dimentional circle. What am I doing wrong?

Look up!  The model was somehow placed high above the buildplate. This is a known bug in Cura, which has not yet been fixed for future versions as far as I know.

Use Command+A to select all objects, and then use the move tool panel to reset the Z to 0.

• Like 1