Sign in to follow this  
kevin-osborn

Camera settings in Cura?

Posted · Camera settings in Cura?

Hi,

I'm ordering an Ultimaker 2 on Monday, so I thought I'd get a leg up and try out Cura on my printrbot plus. So far so good! I like it!

It seems to always turn on my camera on my laptop, whether or not I have timelapse enabled, and also, I'd like to use a different camera (e.g one I can actually point at the printer) Is there an easy (or hard) way to do this?

Thanks!

-Kevin

It's was a known bug that the camera gets turned on at start up, as a way to check if there is one present, and then under some (all?) circumstances it doesn't get turned off. But it was supposed to have been fixed I thought. Hopefully Daid, the developer of Cura, will respond here after the holidays.

Don't know much about the external cam support - the webcam feature is a Windows only thing at this point, and I use a Mac.

Ah, well, I figured out why the camera wasn't shutting off. I had apparently installed 13.06 a while ago. Even though I was running 13.12, it was picking up some components. I uninstalled, and now it shuts off properly.

I'd still like to pick my camera.

This is somewhere on my todo-list, but a bit far down. A work-around is to disable the laptop webcam in the device manager. Hardly ideal, I know.