problem to try print a panel in cura.. need help !!!

vcaceresa

Posted (edited) · problem to try print a panel in cura.. need help !!!

hi everybody, i tried different way to resolve my problem but i can not fix it, i want to print a regular panel / fence made with pipe 4.50mm in solidworks, when it is slice by cura, the top and bottom pipe are open and filling with support, i want to print a 100% regular size, when i tried to 75% size, the problem is fix, or when a slice in angle, fix temporally, but i would like to print flat. please if anybody can tell me what i am doing wrong. thank you for any help

i am attach the file a_panel.stl and the size of my printer is 300 x 300 x 350

a_panel.STL

Edited by vcaceresa

Posted (edited) · problem to try print a panel in cura.. need help !!!

There are an amazing number of errors in that model.  At almost every interface between the various parts, there is no connection.  Even within some parts the pieces do not actually connect.  You will need to go back to SolidWorks and properly merge all the pieces into a single solid.  I would suggest that all the pieces be solid - no pipes.  Just solid rods and sub-details.

In the Cura X-ray view the problem areas are apparent.

fence2.thumb.png.eb70f8e6270eea00eaf97edebebef872.png

That is why it slices so poorly.  You can see the dis-connects throughout the model.  The near pipe only slices the top half.  That infers that some surfaces are flipped the wrong way.

fence.thumb.png.6920296ad4e263ee74a23fc1c55f1f86.png

Edited by GregValiant

Posted · problem to try print a panel in cura.. need help !!!

When designing scale models you must keep in mind that detail will be lost.  When designing scale models for FDM more detail is lost as the printer isn't scaling smaller.  There is a point at which a detail disappears from the preview screen because the printer is physically incapable of printing it.

I mention all of that because a primary design constraint must always be the fact that the part will be FDM printed and the printers are good, but they don't scale downward beyond going to a smaller nozzle.  Keep it simple and your success rate will be high.