Starting each layer with the same Extruder - Cura - Dual Extrusion - UM3E

KronosMagna

Posted (edited) · Starting each layer with the same Extruder - Cura - Dual Extrusion - UM3E

Hello Guys,

I didnt think this would cause me so much trouble, but I need to start each layer with the same Extruder. Right now, the extruders take turns every layer, I guess to minimize extruder switches.

Im printing with an Original Ultimaker 3 Extended with the most recent Cura 4.8

The print quality is much better, when the black material is printed first(right picture), and after that the white material. 

White first,Black second   (Bad)                               Black first, white second(Better)

image.thumb.png.309ef07874bd2ffdcb47d18b228e42e8.png                     image.thumb.png.0131dc771c0f64972ff6dcf605cd8926.png

image.png.dc0508eaea011b0468168dc1ca612281.png

In my case this impacts the functionality of my part as well(conductive) so there is a good reason for being able to set the same extruder for every layer.

Does anybody know of a way or workaround to do that? I guess there is a way to post process the G-Code to reposition the Code between every T0/T1 Snippet with a python script?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Edited by KronosMagna
Typo

• KronosMagna changed the title to Starting each layer with the same Extruder - Cura - Dual Extrusion - UM3E