SOLVED: Trouble creating Polycarbonate + HIPS profile in Cura 4.8.0

Jdo300

Posted (edited) · SOLVED: Trouble creating Polycarbonate + HIPS profile in Cura 4.8.0

I'm creating a new Polycarbonate + HIPS dual material profile for my Airwolf3D AXIOM Dual Direct Drive printer. This printer has two nozzles and so far, I have been creating profiles to work with only a single material, which has been working well so far. However, I want to create this new profile so I can use HIPS as support material for my Polycarb prints. 

I tried to print a test part with the profile I've made, which creates a raft out of HIPS to build the part on. But for some reason, though I have the Build Plate Adhesion Extruder set to Extruder 2, it keeps trying to print the raft using Extruder 1. I have attached a copy of the profile hoping someone could help me out. I hope I'm just missing a simple checkbox somewhere else that I needed to tick.

NOTE: I do have the prime tower enabled also.

Thank you,

Jason O

Polycarbonate + HIPS.curaprofile

Edited by Jdo300

Posted · SOLVED: Trouble creating Polycarbonate + HIPS profile in Cura 4.8.0

Hello,

Would love to know if anyone has run into this before. Is there anyone from the Ultimaker team who could take a look at this? I'm hoping it's not some kine of weird software bug.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · SOLVED: Trouble creating Polycarbonate + HIPS profile in Cura 4.8.0

In case anyone runs into this problem. I found the solution. In my Start GCODE settings, I needed to ad "T1" on the last line, as Cura, for some odd reason, doesn't auto set the Second extruder even though I have it set in the profile settings. Adding this line at the beginning of the GCODE for the print solved the problem for me. However, Now I have a new issue related to this profile, that I'm posting about in a new thread here:

- Jason O

• Jdo300 changed the title to SOLVED: Trouble creating Polycarbonate + HIPS profile in Cura 4.8.0