Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 564

Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 640

Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 720

Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 810

Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 1197

Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 1353

Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 1516

Error:No Line Number with checksum, Last Line: 1665

I've some strange "under extrusion" on my top layers. I've a good bottom at 35mm/s 210C and just after the infill all the layers look under extruded.

Any ideas ?

Posted · Error in Term tab

The log is just the serial communications checksums failing. Cura resends lines that had glitches - you can ignore them.

One cause of under-extrusion after the first few layers of a print is due to having the fan blowing on the nozzle tip, and cooling it too much once the fan kicks on at full speed. That might be something to check for. But, you really need to post pictures so we can make a more educated guess :-)

Thanks for the info.

So yesterday i did a lot of test on a little print. At the same temp (210C) and same speed (50mm/s) with colorfabb and Faberdashery PLA but the results are totally random !

I upgrade to direct drive weeks ago and since i had perfect or nearly perfect top and bottom. I think i changed nothing since but it's like Cura detect when it's time to build the top and do what you can see in the picture.

Old printTest printOld PrintheadTest print

I've other problems on my prints but this one is driving me crazy…illuminarti big thanks for your answers !! :)

Are you adjusting for different filament diameters when changing between plastics? Differences in filament diameter will cause slight under/over-extrusion. You can either adjust the filament diameter setting in Cura, or increase the flow rate a bit.

Your 'old' picture has a really nice top surface, but if anything looks like it might be slightly over-extruded, so that plastics is getting squished into every last crevice.

Your infill also shows some signs of backlash - notice how you get two lines close together, and then a slightly larger gap to the next one? That can give an underextruded look too, since the plastic isn't spread out evenly across the surface.

Check your belt tensions to try to get rid of that, and also make sure that there isn't any play in the head assembly/sliding blocks that could lead to slight inaccuracy in positioning the head.

No i'm not changing filament diameter, i measured it and they have the same and very constant diameter.

I'm doing some tests right now. So far i tried on the same print 210C and 215C at 50mm/s but it's not changing anything so on the second one i tried to reduce speed at 50% and temp at 220C but not better.

I'm gonna try flow adjustment and to tight belts.

I realy dont understand how the problem can occur because if the bottom layers are mostly ok but just after the infill it's going crazy. I can do what ever i want nothing change it's like the UM is making fun of me ! :)

Well, the bottom layers are also printing on a flat, hard surface. And the first one can 'benefit' from the z-height being slightly off, and so squashing the layer in even more. Where as top skins are printing over infill that gives a less firm base to build on. If the layers sag even slightly, then there's a bigger than expected gap to fill, so it seems under extruded. You might also jsut try increasing the top/bottom skin to be a greater multiple of your layer height, so you get more layers.

Also, did you try it without fan?

So i tried :

-printing first layer at 0.1 layer height, just to check if the first layer is good because it's 0.2 layer height : first layer stay the same !

-printing the first layer at 50mm/s, for the same reasons and same result.

So if i apply the same parameter to the print i still have this problem.

For the bottom/top thickness i'm at 0.6, i'll try 0.8.

I adjust the belts and try with a flow up to 210 and temp 215C it's a little better but not that good.

I didn't try without fan, what would be the problem ? Blowing to hard on the first layer after infill ?

I'm doing a time laps right now, so you will see ;)

The fan is off for the bottom layer, and then comes on increasingly fast over the next few layers. If the fan is blowing on the tip of your nozzle, it can cool it, making it harder to extrude, and so leading to under-extrusion.

Changing the first layer height doesn't really affect the quality, as the amount of plastic also changes by the same amount; the issue is that if your nozzle is slightly pressed into the bed at z=0, then a 0.2mm first layer really only has, say, a 0.1mm gap to fill - causing it to spread out more.

I tired with the fan off not difference. I'm editing the time laps now. If i send you my Gcode can you try it, just to be sure it's coming from the printer and not anything else ??

I'm trying to isolate the problem.

So i did some test and one give me good result. With Cura 13.10 and not Cura 13.12 i tried to print with the same setting i'm using for the other test and i had a better result not perfect but much better. So i tried with "quick print" in "High quality print" and tada :D no more gaps !! Perfect top.

I'm gonna do one more test and after that post my settings. Sounds good huh !!

PROBLEM SOLVED !

I erased cura's old and recent profils and everything is good top infill are normal now.

Thanks for your help illuminarti :)

I was able to do three successful prints on my new Ultimaker before I started getting "checksum" errors in the output on the "TERM" tab. The printhead goes from a smooth laydown of PLA into a stuttering, jerking motion as it moves across the model and instead of solid outer walls, the result is a lattice-work trellis-looking structure.

I've tried:

- reinstalling Cura

- re-flashing the software on my Ultimaker Original

- printing from SD card (my original three successful prints were via USB cable directly from Cura [very nice...])

I was hopeful when I read Max1424's success... but when I went to the "Recent Profiles" option from the menu within Cura, nothing was available...

Does anyone have any ideas? (other places to look for profiles to delete, etc...?)

Thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

Did printing from SD Card make a difference?