4.8 cura won't launch all of a sudden

notme23

Posted · 4.8 cura won't launch all of a sudden

I had cura working earlier this week but yesterday for some reason it no longer boots. It just hangs in the task manager.

Win10, dual monitors with 1 video card.

all windows updates and video driver updates done.

I even turned off 1 monitor and still nothing.

I uninstalled, removed all cura folders from program files and programdata folder and reinstalled. same thing.

tried running compatibility mode and as admin.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Disconnect your secondary monitor, start Cura on your primary monitor, it should start and run.  

You can then reconnect your secondary monitor and drag the Cura program to it.   However, in my experience, if it shuts down on that monitor, and not on the primary, you will have the same issue.

I haven't figured out why this is doing it - still troubleshooting.

33 minutes ago, rookfett said:

I haven't figured out why this is doing it - still troubleshooting.

It's an issue with the library that we use for the UI (Qt). As far as I remember the issue has been fixed already, but we haven't updated to the latest & greatest version yet (because it would mean that older versions of OsX are no longer work with Cura).

We are currently in the process of upgrading the version of Qt, so I expect that this issue is fixed in the next release of Cura (4.9)

Nice - I just started using Cura yesterday, and haven't gone through the issue log yet to see if this was a thing - I just found through trial and error if I ran Cura on my laptop without the second monitor on, it worked.

Looking forward to 4.9 - thanks for the info.

Any ETA on a release? or a patch or work around for now? I will have to switch programs until this is fixed and cura was my goto. I was supposed to print a bunch this weekend but now i am delayed. thanks

If you need some one to beta test the fix let me know 🙂