Connection after installing BL touch to Ender 3D Pro

Posted · Connection after installing BL touch to Ender 3D Pro

Hi. Bought a Ender Pro 3 D pro . i am a beginner and over 60.  I have it assembled made a few basic prints that came out great. Then installed cura but can not connect to my desk top .

any help would be appreciate it . TY

i was alw  

Posted · Connection after installing BL touch to Ender 3D Pro

Hi Ty,

A search around here for USB Printing will turn up a bunch of problems that people have faced.  I won't re-hash all those comments.

Not all USB cables are created equal.  Some are for battery charging only and don't carry data so you need the correct type of cable.

USB Printing isn't used by any current Ultimaker printers and isn't maintained by the Cura team.  It has issues that include random stoppages and Windows updates during printing that cause the computer and printer to both re-boot.  That will cost you the print.

Cura's USB Printing plugin searches for COM ports and then checks different baud rates until it finds what works.  It does this when Cura starts up so the printer needs to be running and plugged in to the computer when you start Cura.

You picked a decent printer.  I've had my E3Pro for about a year and a half.  It's an interesting hobby (even for a young guy like you).  I don't send Gcode files to the printer, but I send all my print commands over the USB and print from the SD card and it works fine that way.  I knock the computer off the network so it doesn't reboot during all-night prints and I'm good with that.