Why cant I slice any of my files.?

Owen_M_L

Posted (edited) · Why cant I slice any of my files.?

I am brand new to 3d printing. Every time I upload a file to cura and I click slice, it says "The following settings have errors. Z hop speed." I am using a Monoprice select mini v2. What do I do? How do I change this setting? What is Z hop speed?

Edited by Owen_M_L

Posted · Why cant I slice any of my files.?

Z-hop is an option for travel moves.  When the printer stops extruding in one area and moves to another you can elect to have the nozzle jump up by an adjustable amount.  That allows it to clear high spots in infill or warping feather edges that might get hit by the nozzle.  The Zhop speed is also an option.

Just above all the settings in Cura is the Settings Search box.  Just to the right of it is a dropdown list for settings visibility.  Select "All" in the visibility box.

Down in the Speed section you will see "Z hop Speed" and set it to 1.5.

I think this is an error in the Monoprice printer definition file (which is provided by Monoprice).  I won't go into it but the default "speed_z_hop" of 10 is higher than the "machine_max_feedrate_z" of 1.5 so it won't slice.

yeah where is the box to change the speed at?

It's four posts up and in about the center.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies