Negative progress percentages

louis1642

Posted · Negative progress percentages

I am using Cura to print with a Da Vinci Jr 1.0. 

If I slice the .stl model and then print via USB everything works great, but if I decide to save the project as a .gcode file, and then re-import the .gcode in cura and start the print, I encounter some issues.

As you can see from the image, the percentage is... kinda useless. Also, the printing time is negative.

I am using Cura 4.8

IMG-20210703-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.9ada9b86712206794d26f26b7fb6cc0b.jpeg

Posted · Negative progress percentages

The "USB printing" plugin is not maintained as no Ultimaker Printers currently use it.

I find it surprising that the DaVinci printer is so advanced that it can notice when a print goes bad, run time backwards, and suck the spaghetti back up the nozzle (yuck!) and return it to the roll of filament.

Now although Leonardo DaVinci was a very bright fella, it was actually H.G. Wells who invented the Time Machine.  It wasn't until decades later that a certain Mr. Peabody was able to perfect it with the development of his "Way Back" machine (op. cit. Rocky & Bullwinkle).

I bring this up since you are going Way Back three versions to 4.8 but it has not been fixed and 4.10 still has issues with time when printing loaded gcode files.  The problem will likely persist through some time last year.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies