Cura 4.10 Cannot import existing STEP file

mkrugh

Posted · Cura 4.10 Cannot import existing STEP file

Hello,

I updated to Cura 4.10 for the native STEP file import, but when I try to import an existing .STP file that was exported from Autodesk Inventor or Solidworks, Cura displays an "Invalid File" error and does not import the file. The STEP file type is also not included in the File>Open File option menu list of supported file types. (STP, STEP, STPZ, and STPX are not listed).

According to the List of Supported Applications and File Types, STEP files should be importable in 4.10. Does the STEP file import have to come from within a CAD program (Ex. Solidworks) with the Cura Plugin installed and be imported directly from that program?

Thanks

Posted · Cura 4.10 Cannot import existing STEP file

Thank you for pointing out that we need to have the Enterprise or above subscription tier. I missed the subscription level limitation in the notes.