Preview (Layer View) causes Cura to crash on MacOS with M1

NurseFarva

Posted · Preview (Layer View) causes Cura to crash on MacOS with M1

Hi All,

I am having some trouble with my Preview mode in Cura. I am running Cura v4.11 on a 2021 iMac with M1. When I slice any smaller files and switch to Preview mode, the program takes a good 20-30 seconds to pull up the layers and is very laggy once it has pulled them up. If I slice any file that is medium to large according to my printer size (CR-6 and Ender 5 Plus), when swapping over to Preview mode, the program blanks out for about 30 seconds, then crashes. Any ideas on updates I could try or when a fix might be in place if others are having the same issue? Apologize if there is a fix already for this, but would be grateful for any help.

Thanks,

Josh 

Posted · Preview (Layer View) causes Cura to crash on MacOS with M1

Hi Josh,

the Apple M1 is currently not fully supported and working with Cura and causes different issues. I am also on an M1, have no problems with the preview mode, but with other small issues. The developers are aware of if and they try to find a solution. The biggest problem for them is that Cura relies on OpenGL and OpenGL itself is not fully M1 ready yet. And if they would switch to the latest version, it would break the compatibility with older OS X versions.

But they are working on it....

• Like 1

• 2 months later...