Ultimaker 2+ Grinding Problem

coema

Posted · Ultimaker 2+ Grinding Problem

I have an Ultimaker 2+ that will not print correctly. When I came back to school over the summer and tried to print something, very little filament would come out of the print head and when it did, it would curl up on itself. I did an atomic method to make sure everything inside the nozzle was fine and when I did, the filament came out just fine upon pressing down and it came out the perfect shape (No dirt or anything. So then I figured it was something to do with the filament feeding. Sure enough, when I took out the filament, there was grinding at the part of the plastic that was in the feeder. I took off the feeder and cleaned it out and reassembled everything again. I did yet another atomic clean just to make sure nothing was stuck after another failed print and then finally reloaded the plastic. It's still doing the same thing.  I've also tried turning up the temperature of the nozzle just in case. I'm pretty sure something is causing the filament to not move correctly and therefore, it's grinding. But after cleaning out the feeder, it fed the filament correctly when reloading, so it's something that's happening during the print.

Hope all of that made sense. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 13 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies