Creality CR10 S5 - extension cables

Posted (edited) · Creality CR10 S5 - extension cables

I would like to extend cables for Creality CR10 S5. I have extension cables but cable fo Y axis makes problem - priner fails when auto home. So I use it now without. But the original cable is too short. There is a challenge how to place controller - with filament on top, it is too tight.

ALSO, there is a BLtouch installed and this has too short cable too!

Can you help me how I can extend those cables - if there is a correct cable to buy and where (I am in Denmark, so EU shop would be best)?

Also I am a little bit afraid to extend BLtouch cable, some people have video showing that the cables are switched and the printer will burn if I dont do it correctly. I have anyway multimeter so I can measure connectors, but anyway I am too careful because I cant afford purchase a new printer 🙂.

And one more thing: I measured extension cable for Z axis and it is corerctly made, so correct pin connect, they are not crosswired or anything, but anyway it is a problem.

Some people recommend to take cable out of the sleeve?

Any guru here to help me?

Katarina

Edited by katkafn

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Creality CR10 S5 - extension cables

Update: I bought extension cable for BLTouch - of course connectors didnt fit so I had to disassembly and mount fitting connectors, also I had to be careful which colour of cable to conenct where (I followed previous installation). Everything works. I didnt play with extension for Y axis yet, for now I managed to place control box to decent distance from the printer. I got help from fb group.

• Like 1