Shell settings

Technologies_Nivales

Posted · Shell settings

Hi Cura community,

I'm totally new in 3D printing so this question might sound trivial for most of you...

I have an Anycubic Mega S printer. I use Cura 4.11.

I have to print "wings" with a NACA profile. I do have some stiffeners inside the shell for mechanical purposes.

I need a wall thickness of 1.2 mm.

To minimise the printing time, I'm trying to get rid of the infill.

I was thinking to print it as a shell but I can't find the "shell settings"... can you help me to find it?

Or do you have other proposition to make it work?

Posted · Shell settings
    4 hours ago, Technologies_Nivales said:

I can't find the "shell settings"... can you help me to find it?

Well in Cura there are settings for "Walls" and "Infill" (among many others) - is it this what you're looking for?

In case you haven't found it yet - there's an online manual for Cura  - quiet comprehensive.

Maybe switching to custom print settings is needed first?

https://support.ultimaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012028419-How-to-use-the-custom-print-settings-in-Ultimaker-Cura

Posted · Shell settings

I see - the former "Shell" section is splitted into "Walls" and "Top/Bottom". The change happened in Version 4.10 (as far as i can see).

But anyway - i work a lot with the filter function in Cura , that's usually the fastest way to find relevant settings.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies