Cura won't allow me to adjust temp before or after slicing

Shoulkion

Posted · Cura won't allow me to adjust temp before or after slicing

Trying to use my Ender 3 and whenever using cura now it doesn't allow me to select the temp and the error message stopping me from using the setting says "this setting has been hidden by the active machine and will not be visible."

My 3d printer is plugged directly into my computer and it shows up on my device manager and even on pronterface but as I'm using Cura as a slicer I can't print unless I'm personally adjusting the temp and other minimal settings.

Please help

When the gcode flavor is set to "Ultimaker 2", Cura expects the printer to set the temperatures, based on the material that is selected on the printer. Set it to "Marlin" instead.

Is it not extruding at all, or only a little bit? Is the extruder motor moving?

On the "Extruder" tab of the Machine Settings, what does the "Compatible material diameter" say?

I am starting to get the feeling that when you added your printer to Cura, instead of scrolling down the list of available printer models and selecting a Creality Ender 3, you picked the Ultimaker 2 (or 2+) from the list, and just changed the name to Ender 3. If that's the case, then you need to add a new printer to Cura, and actually select the Creality Ender 3 instead of an Ultimaker model.

• Thanks 1

It seems whenever I'm running it over USB even on an old print it doesn't produce.  If it's unplugged and sliced via an old Cura it works but sliced with the newest one it doesn't work.

Unfortunately if you don't answer my questions, I cannot help you.