Cura Changes Z Height from -1.410 mm to around -5mm, completely messing up my print.

rbel

Posted · Cura Changes Z Height from -1.410 mm to around -5mm, completely messing up my print.

Hey guys. So this has been happening on my Prusa Mk3S for a little bit and I'm not sure what's going on at all after looking through the g code and all. I've used 2 different slicers and I prefer Cura, though it has been giving me a bit of a rough time. When I print with Cura, the print begins with the autohoming sequence and auto bed levelling, which goes perfectly. After this, when I check the Z offset in the Live Z Adjust menu, it appears as a number around -5. I'm not sure what the actual number is because I don't want to damage my build plate anymore. This setting stays on the printer until I restart it via the X button or just turn it on and off. After I restart, it goes back to -1.410mm before I start another print. I'll leave my GCODE file here and hopefully you guys can find something I didn't. I use octoprint as well, but I've exported the GCODE directly to the sd card with the octoprint server off so I don't believe it's that. I've also used the same STL with PrusaSlicer and it works perfectly fine. Thanks!

PI3MK3M_untitled.gcode

Posted · Cura Changes Z Height from -1.410 mm to around -5mm, completely messing up my print.

There are a couple of things about your Startup Guide in regards to Marlin firmware.  These may be because your "Prusaware" is different.

G28 does not list a "W" flag.

G80 is not a leveling command.  Typically it would be G29 or M420.

G1 Y-3 is an odd move.

The purge line appears to be from X0 Y-3 to X60 Y-3 and then continues to X100 Y-3.  There is no mention of a Z height so it appears to be at a Z of zero or some offset called by M851.

I think a Prusa forum would be your best bet for support.