Cura doesn't install/start

RxRay

Posted (edited) · Cura doesn't install/start

Hi all.
I don't know how to fix it: I tried to install Cura 4.11 in a second server (in laboratory) and I cannot completely install it.
This PC runs Windows 7 professional 64bit (HD brand new and almost empty, bought and installed two days ago).
Whenever I try to install Cura, I just add "open GCode files" in the menu that comes before the software installation, then the installation starts, lasts some 2 minutes ...and then stucks for awhile, let's say 1...2 minutes at some 50% (at least it seems to me, looking at the installation bar) and then ends with the "Cura installed" window.
But when I try to run it the following window appears.
I tried to install Cura 4.10 too, with the same result.

I cannot even start Cura in this PC, when in the main server (a Windows 10 PC installed in one of my studios) it runs flawlessly.
The \\user\myname\appdata\roaming\Cura directory does not even exist: there are no "Cura" directories under \roaming

May somebody help me?
thank you

Romano

https://postimg.cc/94wTY4fk

Edited by RxRay

Hi Smithy, thank you for your support and your immediate answer.

I had a terrible week at work and so I didn't try anything, but today I'm free and just tried to install Cura 4.9.1 ten minutes ago (as the 4.10 version doesn't work, exactly like the 4.11, as I stated above, and I already tried it at least 5 times two weeks ago).

Whenever I try to launch 4.9.1 version, appears the window that you may see in the first image.

I tried several times to install 4.9.1 today, and after some tries I was able to take screenshots of the last passage of the installation too.

During the installation, the window stucks on the 2nd image for 30 seconds (more or less) and after that it switches to the 3rd image for (maybe) half a second before to write "Installation Complete", so the installation bar never reaches the end.

The installation process always terminates in the middle of the bar, as you may see.

Notice that the hard disk is brand new, I just needed to install in my lab a PC running windows 7 pro 64bit for compatibility with all the measure systems I own (I work in the electronic field).

So I installed the PC with a brand new HD, then installed Windows 7 and after terminated the installation of the O.S. I tried to install Cura, since the first day.
    The video card is a old NVidia Geforce GTX 275, the PC is equipped with some 4GB RAM and a blutooth/WIFI card (as it is a tower)

fdsfsd.png

gfdgdfgfdgfd.png

hgfhfghfggh.png

uy4r3445435.png

Edited by RxRay

Excuse me, the first image was taken in a blank big screen, so it's not readable.
    This is the error message window that appears whenever I try to launch Cura 4.9.1

8768678768.png

Edited by RxRay