Are my settings clogging the nozzle?

giugni

Posted · Are my settings clogging the nozzle?

Hello all guys,

Recently I have compared the extruded filament width of a new nozzle and after 50h of printing

when the nozzle (0.8mm) was new, the filament width after extrusion was about 0.86mm

after a 48h print I have measured again and it was extruding a filament of 0.6mm causing under extrusion

the first time I have seen that, I thought the nozzle worn out after few months

but last week I changed two nozzles because of this reason

even with 2-3 cold pull using transparent nylon, the new nozzles still clogged

(the outside the nozzle is often cleaned with a brass brush)

so, I am wondering if my settings are too much to handle by the extruder/nozzles:

I have come up with these settings for print a tube-like shape that must be the most rugged as possible, I don’t mind the bad-looking surface because the pieces are machined in a lathe.... I have followed the suggestions of CNC Kitchen, Teaching Tech, Maker's Muse, MatterHackers to print with 0.8mm nozzle in the most tough way possible:

- over extruding (120-130%)

- high temperature (240°C)

- large line width (1mm)

- no cooling

- low speeds (16-25mm/s)

and so on...

(settings file attached)

Cura is measuring a max flow rate of 9.75mm3/s in the infill and a minimum of 6mm3/s in the external wall

for any additional information please ask  🙂

thanks a lot

creatbot F430 - piena+vetr+infill step.curaprofile