S5 Raises ER54 (filament loading unsuccessful), Online Solution Does Not Work, Material Station Makes Grinding Noises

numba

Posted · S5 Raises ER54 (filament loading unsuccessful), Online Solution Does Not Work, Material Station Makes Grinding Noises

I have had an S5 for a few months. Today, the printer raised an ER54 error, and it cannot load any filament for material two from any bay in the material station. The printer can pull a short bit of filament from the roll before I hear grinding noises, and then it stops. The Bowden tubes for material two that I can see are empty, so it seems something is wrong inside the material station away from my reach. I tried pushing the filament myself, and it did not go through. The online solution for ER54 (link) is not helpful.

Is this something I can fix myself, or do I need to contact my reseller?

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · S5 Raises ER54 (filament loading unsuccessful), Online Solution Does Not Work, Material Station Makes Grinding Noises

Update: The instructions for removing broken PVA from the Material Station (link) did not work. The printer did not indicate that a filament blackage was detected.

Edited by numba
  • Like 1