PVA, standby for too long, extruder getting clogged up

nettoyor767

Posted · PVA, standby for too long, extruder getting clogged up

I am printing with a UMS5 an item how takes 23+ days to print and needs 100% infill and has a ratio of 1,5 hours printing of PLA and only for 30 seconds of PVA.

After a day 7 I got the message that the PVA was running out of filament. The PVA was not empty but clogged up in the extruder.

I use the option "Change Filament" to get the extruder going again. about 7-8 days later the same thing.

So for the continuation of this print I did the change of filament every 5 days, the final print will be ok.

My question is , will  adding the "Prime Touwer" taking care of this problem ? 

Or, setting the standby temperature of the PVA  (is now 175 C) to a lower setpoint, say for example 50 C to keep the PVA dry in the extruder.

I assuming  that the software will take care of heating up the PVA in time before it starts to print.

And how clever is the printer software ? will it calculate the heat up time before the PVA is needed to print, or wil it just halt the printing process heat up from 50 C to 215 C, instead of 175 C to 215 C ?