4.12.1 Problem?

GAD

Posted · 4.12.1 Problem?

Every print since upgrading to 4.12.1 has ended like this: 

This is an S5 that's never done anything like this before. The noise is startling and it knocks over any tall prints when it does this. 

3MF file for this particular print is attached. 

UMS5_Small_clasp.3mf

Posted · 4.12.1 Problem?

Just an update that I think this might be object related and coincidental to the upgrade since the last few objects printed did not exhibit this behavior. 

One of the objects that did do this (the one in the vid) is attached. 

If this is object related, could you explain how Cura could end up allowing this to happen? 

Thanks!

Small_clasp.stl

Posted (edited) · 4.12.1 Problem?
    17 hours ago, fvrmr said:

Hi @GAD I have printed your project file and it did not show this behaviour. 

1860336891_ezgif.com-gif-maker(7).gif.b4efd25a0eedfbedade0bd516bdfe872.gif

What firmware are you using? 

Thanks for that test!  I truly appreciate it. 

I just upgraded to 7.0.0 yesterday. I've been pretty up to date on firmware so I imagine it was the last one before 7.

I also just happened to fire off one of the parts that did this in the past, so hopefully I'll know tomorrow if it's still doing it since it's a 12h print. 

Edited by GAD

Posted · 4.12.1 Problem?

@GAD did you have any trouble with printing your 12h print? 

Posted · 4.12.1 Problem?

The problem, whatever it may have been, seems to have been transient. I've not had another problem since. 

Thanks for your efforts!