Possible to reduce size of raft for small objects?

terrypin

Posted · Possible to reduce size of raft for small objects?

I'm testing some small text labels, typically a 30 x 12 x 2 mm rectangular base holding 6 to 8 characters. So there needs to be some thin support to keep the individual characters from lifting off the bed. I tried the Support > Raft option, which worked fine. However it's rather wasteful of time and PLA, as it extends for the full interior of my usual skirt. Is there a setting I've missed that will let me reduce it please?

If instead I decide to just add a small support rectangle myself, in my model, is it possible to make its infill different to the text, so that it will completely come off easily?

HollowOff-On-Raft.thumb.jpg.b32cf1c5c36ccaa0b83f2b84dd9f45c9.jpg

Posted (edited) · Possible to reduce size of raft for small objects?

Duh - I see now it's a Brim that I needed! With size 6 chosen that worked fine.

BTW, I did ask before how to mark a post as solved?

Edited by terrypin