Random holes when sliced

SomeDudeOnTheNet

Posted · Random holes when sliced

When I slice my model random holes appear around the walls, I don't have coasting on and I have thin walls on, its a 0.4 mm nozzle and I have no idea why this is popping up on my model. Supports don't seem to change anything either. Disabling thing walls only takes away the patchy yellow walls instead of having proper outer walls. 

Screenshot (688).png

Posted · Random holes when sliced

The model is watertight, but there are problems.  A lot of character models are scanned or developed from 2d representations.  Scanning in particular depends much on the software that translates the 3d point cloud into a model.

In this case, one problem is at the shoulder where there is a gap between the collar and the hair.  The gap causes a very narrow wall and Cura is having trouble slicing it.

The cape is a  problem in a lot of spots.  Here is an image of the bottom portion.  You can see the gap and the single wall extrusions that are basicly hanging in air (when sliced with your printer and settings).  That would print, but would come off with the support.

So there are going to be issues when you print this.  I switched from your printer to my Ender and even with a .1 nozzle that area is not good.

Untitled.thumb.png.ddb472e9e6d92f1b28f8a7f2c99bd45d.png

Posted (edited) · Random holes when sliced

There are various programs that will edit the STL or whatever model format it's in.  You could create a triangle shaped object .8 or 1mm thick and weld it in (usually called a Union).  That model is pretty low resolution though.  Every surface would be made of large facets so a lot of flat planar areas.

Edited by GregValiant