Cura closes after 'Loading UI' - both version 4.11.x and 4.12 after upgrade to RTX 3060 ti

renelm

Posted · Cura closes after 'Loading UI' - both version 4.11.x and 4.12 after upgrade to RTX 3060 ti

HI,

I haven't had Cura opened on this machine since I installed version 4.11 some months ago . Today I wanted to slice something again, but Cura ran through the 'Loading <various plugins etc>', but as soon as it came to Loading UI, the screen turned white and then Cura just closed. 

I did a quick google search and found some vague answers regarding Nvidia drivers or something and thought that maybe, since I just recently upgraded to a RTX 3060 Ti in this machine, maybe I should just upgrade drivers for both Nvidia and install the latest Cura (4.12), but no dice.

The contents of the Cura/Stderr.log and Cura-4.12/cura.log is attached. 

Any help is appreciated as I am pretty screwed right now when it comes to slicing anything... 

OS: Windows 10, 64bit running latest (current as of this date) updates, 64GB memory, Asus RTX 3060 Ti, running Nvidia Studio Drivers version 472.47

Cheers

stderr.log cura.log

Posted · Cura closes after 'Loading UI' - both version 4.11.x and 4.12 after upgrade to RTX 3060 ti

I've been doing some more searching and stumbled over this reply on github for a similar issue: 

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/7584#issuecomment-653028876

Turns out, it can be because I had "GPU Tweak III" running.. which I installed when I upgraded the GPU to tweak fan curves... sigh.. I hope this post will help others as well. Exiting GPU Tweak let me immediately start up Cura..