Wood-temperature setting?

LostViking

Posted · Wood-temperature setting?

Is there any plugin for cura to change temperatures?

I am a noob on this, but I want to learn. 

My wood filament is reccomended between 235-260 degrees, so there is some play to make a difference.

However, I cant code. 

I am making an ocarina for my brother for christmas, and I really want it to look like real wood before i stain it. 

Any help apprechiated. 

Posted · Wood-temperature setting?

I don't know what kind of printer you have, but on my Ultimaker 2+ I can change the settings for different materials in the printer itself and change the printing temperature there(as well as many other useful settings). These act as the "default" settings that the printer use when I start a print with a specific material. I can also change print settings on the fly through a menu that I can access while printing, such as nozzle temperature/buildplate temperature/print speed etc. This is what I usually use to make my prints as good as possible, when you change on the fly it's often really easy to see the effects of the changed settings directly as the print is working. For example, if I raise the nozzle temperature by 10C while printing I can just look at the following layers to see what difference it made.

I can also go to machine settings in the Cura software and change the G-code flavor from Ultimaker 2 to one called Marlin. With Marlin active I can change print temperatures under the "Materials" tab in the advanced print settings. I'm not sure what the different G-code flavors do, I think they can override the default printer settings, and I assume that Marlin should work with basically any printer. Don't quote me on that though.

Those are the different ways that I tend to change my temperatures. I change the material settings in the printer if I find that I want a different "default" temperature, as when I use the standard Ultimaker 2 G-code flavor that's the temperature that the printer uses when I start a print with that material. I then use the menu on the printer and change the temperature there on the fly when I want to experiment with different temperatures or if I notice on the ongoing print that it needs higher or lower print temperature. Lastly I rarely use the Marlin G-code flavor, but sometimes I know that I want to start a print with a different temperature than the default one I have on the printer, or have some other setting that the printer normally controls instead of Cura. Those times it's convenient to use Marlin.