Sidebar GUI 4.2.1 - Cura 4.13 Beta

LivingLarge

Posted · Sidebar GUI 4.2.1 - Cura 4.13 Beta

I;ve just installed Cura 4.13 Beta and one of the plugins won't activate.

I'v had to install the Sidebar GUI 4.2.1 a couple of times to look like it's installed, and yet it is greyed out (no checked).

If the check the box and restart Cura 4.13 Beta, nothing happens.

The plugin looks like it's installed, but it not checked.

All of the other plugins seemed to be working correctly.

Am I missing something?

When a new release of Cura is available, the Sidebar GUI plugin always needs to be updated.

In order for the Sidebar GUI plugin to work, it does quite a bit of "nasty" patching of the original interface. These patches may break the interface when the original interface is changed. So, as a security measure, the plugin checks to see if it has been "approved" for the version of Cura you are using it with.

I normally work hard to have an updated version of the plugin ready during the beta period, so when a new stable release of Cura is available, the plugin update is available in the Marketplace. Because I may not always have time immediately when a Cura beta is released, and because updates to plugins need to be checked and approved by Ultimaker developers, there is always a bit of a delay.

If you cannot wait for the new version of the plugin, you can "hack" it by going to Help->Show configuration folder.

Browse to plugins\SidebarGUIPlugin\SidebarGUIPlugin, and open plugin.json in the texteditor of your choice. Change the "maximum_cura_version" from "4.12" to "4.13".