Print core not detected

mttyler7

Posted · Print core not detected

Hi everyone,

The print head in my ultimaker S5 flooded a few weeks ago. After finally getting all of the plastic out and turning the printer on, I kept on getting a max temp error for print core 1. I took out the print core, cleaned the sensors, and put it back in - but now my printer won’t even recognize that there’s a print core in there (just says “no print core”). When I took it out, I noticed there were some scratches on the sensors (after the head flooded, it took some wiggling to get the core out - I’m guessing they got scratched then). Any recommendations on what to do?

Thanks for the help! 

A777541E-9D4A-43C9-90BA-C56E23A56E06.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Print core not detected

Hi, 

I would load print core 2 in print head slot 1, then you can see if there is also a demolition in the print head. If there is no demolition I would buy a new printcore.  I do not know any method to repair this. Do not throw away your old printcore, sometimes it is good to have some spare parts like a nozzle.