Cura 4.12.1 with OctoPrint doesn't connect via Manage Printer Settings

g_von

Posted · Cura 4.12.1 with OctoPrint doesn't connect via Manage Printer Settings

I'm just now getting a successful OctoPrint running (on Raspberry Pi 3B+) and connected to my Creality CR-10S Pro V2. I have a working window viewing the OctoPrint GUI with connection and status looking good.

But now when I try to Connect OctoPrint from the settings, the Refresh button doesn't seem to pull anything from my network. Do I need to add my printer manually?

Also, will a print from Cura (through OctoPrint) feature play nice with Spaghetti Detective?

Thanks in advance.

3D Printer: Creality CR-10S Pro V2

2022-01-04_19-05-14.jpg

The Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin uses (a pure-python implementation of) Bonjour aka Zeroconf to detect OctoPrint instances on the network. There are networks where this does not work reliably. In that case you may have to use the "Add" button to add your instance the to list. You can enter the IP address of the OctoPrint instance, or the hostname if that works in your browser.

2 hours ago, g_von said:

will a print from Cura (through OctoPrint) feature play nice with Spaghetti Detective?

I don't use that service my self, but I don't see any reason why it would not work.

• Like 1

Thank you, I'll try adding it manually.

I remember a year or two ago I was able to add OctoPrint (on an older version of both Cura and OctoPrint) using the Refresh search.

7 hours ago, g_von said:

I remember a year or two ago

Things may have changed in your network (or eg in the firewall software you may use).

Then again, it is always possible that I did something wrong in the plugin. Could you go to Help -> Show configuration folder, locate the Cura.log file and upload that somewhere I can have a look (eg dropbox, google drive, etc)?