Cura 14.01 on old Acer laptop with Lubuntu 12.04

marcething

Posted · Cura 14.01 on old Acer laptop with Lubuntu 12.04

Hi All ,

I downloaded some time ago ( 13 jan 2014 ) version 14.01 for Linux : Cura-14.01-debian.deb.( wich is no longer on the site (?) ).

After some manipulations , I got this working on my Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Dell Laptop.

I have a old Acer laptop wich is a little too old to run Ubuntu, but runs fine with Lubuntu 12.04.

I got RepetierHost and Pronterface working on Lubuntu, but I prefer Cura because of it's sppeed and ease of use.

I installed Cura 14.01 and everything works , except for the printing.

Selecting FILE / PRINT or Ctrl-P don't open the second window like on my Ubuntu laptop :sad: .

When I select "run bed leveling wizard" in expert menu and select "connect" the connection is established and the printer homes. in X-, Y- and Z-axis.

Since it was already late at night I stopped there and went to sleep because I had to go to work today and sleep at least a few hours :smile:.

Does anyone have any idea where to start looking please?

Many thanks in advance for your help

I did the test selecting "run bed leveling wizard" in expert menu and select "connect" the connection is established right away when i got home.

This works and after the 4 corners are adjusted and the PLA filament is heated to 190°C, a double line is printed .

When I load a STL file and after the slicing finished , I select FILE/PRINT or tap CTRL P nothing happens :sad: ...

What is wrong?

Anyone got suggestions please?

OK, Big steps toward solution :smile:

I placed the package "Cura-14.01-debian.deb" in a folder in the "Downloads" and extracted it there.

Started Cura from the from the /usr/share folder (in downloads) with "python cura.py".

Cura starts nicely .

I load a random .STL file.

This slices nicely.

I select File /print and it works !!!! YES!!!

Now trying to find what is wrong in the normal install ...

Stay tuned :smile: