Weird slicing issue

Isagoo

Posted · Weird slicing issue

It seems that everytime I go to slice this helmet it places a line across the outside of the helmet. Printed out a mando helmet and same issue occurred. Can always sand it down but rather have the smooth print. Any suggestions???

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's the Zseam where the outer layer starts and stops.  Cura marks the location with that white line.

Within the Wall settings are options you can try to move it.  When that model gets above the cutouts it will hide on an edge, but down low where it is round it's tough because there aren't any corners to stick it in.  Try User Specified and then Front and Smart Hiding.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, GregValiant said:

It's the Zseam where the outer layer starts and stops.  Cura marks the location with that white line.

Within the Wall settings are options you can try to move it.  When that model gets above the cutouts it will hide on an edge, but down low where it is round it's tough because there aren't any corners to stick it in.  Try User Specified and then Front and Smart Hiding.

All right awesome I will give it a try later when I get home. Is it typically something most people just sand off?

Posted (edited) · Weird slicing issue

It depends on the part you're printing.  Leaving it in a line makes it easier to sand off.  Using the "Random" option leaves little bumps all around the outside.  As I said, hiding the seam on round objects is tough.  I just leave it in a line as for most of my stuff it doesn't matter.  If I was printing a person's head then I figure the back side is going to face a wall anyway.  I wouldn't want it running down their cheek.  It would look like some kind of Heidelberg scar.

Speaking of which, I always thought "Fearless Leader" from Rocky & Bullwinkle had the best one.

Fearlessleader.jpg.2f22f2aff06667e942ef818da949a329.jpg

Karl-Otto Alberty had a good one in "Kelly's Heroes" too.  One of my favorite lines is from that movie.  "I don't know how they work man, I just drive 'em." - Oddball (Donald Sutherland)

Reminds me of some of the folks that show up here.

German_Tank_Commander.png.be07a21c760891e461c90a92b7e55e1c.png

At any rate, the Z seam is something that must be considered on every print.

Edited by GregValiant
    • Like 1