Info about UM2 Hot End "Matchless" upgrade

gdog

Posted · Info about UM2 Hot End "Matchless" upgrade

I'm still new-to-the-hardware side of things.  I recently came across some material about an "upgrade" that was done to the UM2 by 3Dsolex that they claim increased heat transfer and speed by doing some various things, and more as an academic exercise in understanding the evoluation from the original UM2 hot ends to the current Olsen Block, I was wondering if anybody can explain what the deal is with the "Matchless" heat block and if it's totally depricated or has any performance benefits. 

From what I can piece together, it seems like their matchless nozzles are still things people use, but that maybe they just use them with the Olsen Block?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing the UltiMaker Factor 4
        We are happy to announce the next evolution in the UltiMaker 3D printer lineup: the UltiMaker Factor 4 industrial-grade 3D printer, designed to take manufacturing to new levels of efficiency and reliability. Factor 4 is an end-to-end 3D printing solution for light industrial applications
          • Thanks
        • 3 replies
      • UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies