Glass bed settings?

Princy557

Posted · Glass bed settings?

You will likely have to either move the Z switch up or print the STL attached below.  That's about it.

Give it a good cleaning with dish soap and then a good wash with IPA 90%.  I print on the textured side and I found that the adhesion gets better with use.  I print a lot of things with PLA at 50° bed temp with no adhesion promoter.  PETG requires help and I like hairspray.

I have an STL for a trip dog that goes on the motor bracket above the Z stop switch.  You can print it and then you wouldn't have to change the Z switch location.  If you want to go back to the magnetic bed just remove the trip dog.

It clips on over the screws that mount the lower wheel.  You might have to do a bit of filing./sanding.

DSCN2791.thumb.JPG.30cd08448ea53ac861eeace3a586731b.JPG

I cut 4 pieces of aluminum angle and glued them to the underside of the bed.  They locate the glass plate perfectly and they eliminate the spring clips that everybody uses.  They are just a tad lower than the glass so the print head never hits them.

DSCN2792.thumb.JPG.f59314d4ceef99d4fcbfd4fd6f352b87.JPG

Z Switch Tripper.stl

• Like 1

Posted · Glass bed settings?

Thanks for the information.

A glass bed certainly looks like the better and most stable of all bases.

As I understand it, the glass shrinks just enough when it cools to break the seal between workpiece and bed.

Less need for scrapers etc.

Regards