Glass bed settings?

Princy557

Posted · Glass bed settings?

You will likely have to either move the Z switch up or print the STL attached below.  That's about it.

Give it a good cleaning with dish soap and then a good wash with IPA 90%.  I print on the textured side and I found that the adhesion gets better with use.  I print a lot of things with PLA at 50° bed temp with no adhesion promoter.  PETG requires help and I like hairspray.

I have an STL for a trip dog that goes on the motor bracket above the Z stop switch.  You can print it and then you wouldn't have to change the Z switch location.  If you want to go back to the magnetic bed just remove the trip dog.

It clips on over the screws that mount the lower wheel.  You might have to do a bit of filing./sanding.

DSCN2791.thumb.JPG.30cd08448ea53ac861eeace3a586731b.JPG

I cut 4 pieces of aluminum angle and glued them to the underside of the bed.  They locate the glass plate perfectly and they eliminate the spring clips that everybody uses.  They are just a tad lower than the glass so the print head never hits them.

DSCN2792.thumb.JPG.f59314d4ceef99d4fcbfd4fd6f352b87.JPG

Z Switch Tripper.stl

• Like 1

Posted · Glass bed settings?

Thanks for the information.

A glass bed certainly looks like the better and most stable of all bases.

As I understand it, the glass shrinks just enough when it cools to break the seal between workpiece and bed.

Less need for scrapers etc.

Regards

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 23 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies