Cura issue

Lee-Martin

Hi everyone I am having some issues I installed a 1 start lead screw to my printer. Now is I move the z axis with lcd everything is good but when i use cura via USB it's slipping almost like cura is moving the steppers to fast anyone had this issue before?

Going to a single from a 4 is a huge change.  The single thread lead screw should only require 1/4 the torque of the 4 thread lead screw BUT it needs to rotate twice as far to go the same distance in the Z.  If your steps/mm were 400 they would now be 1600.  If your fastest Z speed was 50 it is now 12.5.  It needs to rotate 4 times as fast to hit the same speed it did before.  So yes, I could see it missing steps.

If every thing is working free and easy then maybe lowering your max Accel on the Z would help.  For reference the default on my Ender is 100.  I've lubed the threaded rod with high-moly grease.  The max speed it will handle is 45 or it starts to chatter.