Dual Extrusion not working

Rammnick

Posted · Dual Extrusion not working

Hey guys,

I am trying to print a black button with white text on it using black and white PETG. My idea was to print the black PETG in Extruder 1 and the white PETG in Extruder 2. 

I exported the text and the button seperately as an STL-file from Autodesk Fusion and then put the files into Cura. 

Then I right-clicked the text and selected "Extruder 2: White PETG" before merging the models. In the preparation-viwe it even shows the text in white and the button in black but in the preview after slicing everything would be printed in black.

I think I followed all the steps necesseray and just can't figure out where the problem lays. Please help me out. I am getting desperate 😅

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Posted · Dual Extrusion not working

Hey nallath! 

Thanks for replying.

I just found the issue: In the print-settings Cura automatically set the Extruder for the walls, fillings and top/bottom on Extruder 1. I changed this into "Do not override" and now it works!