Best TOP pattern settings for test cube?

deonholt

Posted · Best TOP pattern settings for test cube?

Hi and thanks for your help.

Cura 4.13.1

I need to print some test cubes to calibrate Z. I use a plain cube, no letters on it. But, the wall lines stand proud of the top layer. Not by much but I think enough to throw out my Z measurements.

I will appreciate your suggestions.

IMG_20220215_171852[1].jpg

Posted · Best TOP pattern settings for test cube?

There aren't many printers that need the X, Y, or Z calibrated.

What I usually do is clean up the surface by giving the cube a couple of strokes with a 10" mill file.  That is enough to knock off any high points that might be getting in the way of the calipers.

A setting you could try is "Coasting" in Experimental.  It can cause problems with the initial prime after a retract and a long combing move, but on that cube it won't be a problem.

• Like 1