I can not find my printer in Cura (flashforge creator 3 pro)

Posted · I can not find my printer in Cura (flashforge creator 3 pro)

Ive been using flashprint for a long while but after getting a new printer that slicer just wansnt cutting it anymore. So i dowloaded cura. But I can not find my printer in the program. I can not find my other one either a flashforge adventurer 3. Doi have to make a custom one because I looked it up on youtube and google and found lots of profiles and tips for my printer on cura so people are using it here

• 5 months later...

Did you have any luck? I found a profile for the non pro on thingiverse, but it does not print well, for instance left extruder heats up and right extruder is used none heated. I manually edited gcode and realised there was a discrepancy between the numbers (.0 used on left not right) so this meant both extruders heated, but the print doesn't stick to the bed at all. 

Looks like I'll be doing a lot of digging if no one has got it working yet!

The 4.x versions of Cura have a plugin in the marketplace for Flashforge printers.  I really don't know anything about it but I followed the link for "Ronoaldo Consulting" to THIS GITHUB PAGE.  There is also THIS PAGE.

When Cura was moved from the Qt5 controls and dialogs to Qt6 most of the marketplace plugins needed to reworked.  That may be why it isn't available yet in the 5.x versions of Cura.  It's something you can look into though.

Posted (edited) · I can not find my printer in Cura (flashforge creator 3 pro)

I have been searching for some time and found FlashForge_Creator_3-and-Pro-Cura-profiles to work with my FlashForge Creator 3 Pro and Cura 5.3.0.

The only thing I needed to change was the regex used to remove the decimal places from temperatures, because it did not include M140:

in Extensions -> Post Processing -> Modify G-Code

add Search and Replace with these arguments:

search:

M(104|140) S(.+)\.0

replace:

M\1 S\2

Btw. I'm using PrusaSlicer-FlashForge for the FlashForge Creator 3 Pro with Prusa Slicer.

Edited by theRealAJR