ER34

rwalker10

My print goes about about halfway and gives me an ER34 error. I’ve changed the print cores and reseated the print head multiple times. It keeps giving me the same error. It’s only when I print larger items that it gives me this error but I can print smaller prints without this problem. What else could be giving me this problem. I can print the same file on other printer with no problems. I’ve updated the software as well. 

Thank you for responding. That was the first thing I did, and I did what it said.  I think the file was too large, so I put it on a USB drive instead of sending the file through the network and it printed the part.  

• 2 weeks later...

I also starting getting ER34 on my S5 this week. Took apart the cable clamp and the black shield/gnd wire has pulled out, seems like the little metal locking tab sheared off. This should be recrimped but for now I just shoved it back in and retightened everything and is working again for now.

In my experience this is a major weakness in the design of this connection point because my UM3 also suffers from this problem a lot more regularly except there is no obvious pin damage, I just reseat the connector and it tends to go away for a while.

ER34.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies