Unable to open cura. Stuck on "Loading UI"

Nicholas7543

Posted · Unable to open cura. Stuck on "Loading UI"

What happens is that when I attempt to open cura it goes through its first couple things just fine but always gets stuck on "Loading UI" and eventually I have to force close it since it is no longer responding. Looking at the log file (which is attached) it always stops at the same point however I don't know enough about it to really understand what is happening. 

Secondary issue I have noticed which I am pretty sure is at least related to cura is that when I restarted my computer, for several minutes, file explorer didn't work properly. Essentially once I opened the first folder everything on the left bar (quick access and the rest) don't show up and after that I can't even open other folder and have to force close file explorer at which point I could no longer open any folders. However, after several minutes file explorer opens all the folders I had tried to open all at once and then works just like normal. 

This is the second time I have attempted to install cura on my laptop, the first time was last summer and I ran into this same exact issue (I believe that was on version 4.10) ended up just uninstalling cura since I didn't really need it (had it installed on another computer).

System:
Razer Blade 15 Advanced (Early 2020)
CPU: i7-10875H
RAM: 16GB
GPU: RTX 2080 Super MaxQ (Usually smart switches workload with CPU UHD graphics to minimize power consumption but I turned this off so it was dedicated GPU only and the same issue still occurs)

Any suggestions for what I should try in order to fix this would be much appreciated. 

cura.log

Posted (edited) · Unable to open cura. Stuck on "Loading UI"
    4 hours ago, nallath said:

Do you have a network drive mounted? If so, could you unmount it? It's a known issue that this can cause problems.

The network drive was indeed the problem. Unmounted it and cura opens just like normal. 

Thank you very much

Edited by Nicholas7543