Solved - Material Settings (Diameter) could be ignored with bad preset Print Setting Profiles (Topic regarding Anycubic Chiron)

Ksanto
Go to solution Solved by ahoeben,

Posted (edited) · Solved - Material Settings (Diameter) could be ignored with bad preset Print Setting Profiles (Topic regarding Anycubic Chiron)

Hello Folks,

I was in the process of catalogue all my Filaments, when I got curious what the difference of extruded length between the two with the greatest variation of Diameter would be. I was left stunned, the length did not change, even though the diameter significantly differ.

Then I created a material with the thickest diameter that could work with a 1.75mm Printer (which is 2.49mm, to still show up) and got the same length on both Materials as before after slicing. After that I searched for different combos of the words Material, Diameter, Thickness, bug etc. but only found old resolved problems from 2-3 years ago. Then I suddenly noticed that it was never mentioned which manufacturers Machine the problem was with. I then tried it with a quickly added Ultimaker machine and worla, the setting suddenly applied.

Can anybody confirm this behaviour is as intended and also maybe forward me to where this is described?

Regards

Ksanto

Edited by Ksanto
adjusted Topic

Posted · Solved - Material Settings (Diameter) could be ignored with bad preset Print Setting Profiles (Topic regarding Anycubic Chiron)

Values in the material can be overridden by what you set in the "sidebar", or in a custom quality profile.

If you save a project and post a link here, we can see if that is the case.

Posted (edited) · Solved - Material Settings (Diameter) could be ignored with bad preset Print Setting Profiles (Topic regarding Anycubic Chiron)

I think that is not the case hier, I think you misunderstood the Problem, beside this it is a clean cura 4.13.1 install. Print profile for both cases is normal. But for the sake of pleasing you, her are the 4 variants. 

Thank you for your efforts. 

Regards

Ksanto

Anycubic Chiron - Normal - Owl-Filament Black.3mf Anycubic Chiron - Normal - Test Dimater Max.3mf Ultimaker S5 - Normal - Owl-Filament Black.3mf Ultimaker S5 - Normal - Test Dimater Max.3mf

Edited by Ksanto
    typo

• Solution
    Posted · Solved - Material Settings (Diameter) could be ignored with bad preset Print Setting Profiles (Topic regarding Anycubic Chiron)

The problem is in this line in the Anycubic Chiron profiles:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/blob/4.13/resources/quality/anycubic_chiron/anycubic_chiron_normal.inst.cfg#L32

The material diameter should not be set in the quality profile. It overrides whatever is set in the Material preferences.

From a cursory look, this error is only present in the AnyCubic Chiron profiles. So the subject of this thread should be "Material Settings not considered with Aycubic Chiron printers".

• Like 2

Thank you for your help and clarification of the problem, I will check it and change the topic name appropriately.

At least now it is documented what setting in preset Profiles can prevent the compensation from working. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Ksanto

• Like 1

• Ksanto changed the title to Solved - Material Settings (Diameter) could be ignored with bad preset Print Setting Profiles (Topic regarding Anycubic Chiron)

@liamwerk7676, I have no idea what you are referring to. What did you click, what went away, and how does any of that relate to the topic in this thread?