Problem with print location

dcooper000

Posted · Problem with print location

Hi, I am trying to print a 3 inch outdoor drain cover.  When I load the drain_cover.stl (from thingiverse) at 0,0,0 (center of base plate), slice it,  load it to my Pulse XE printer via Octoprint / OctoEverywhere, and the start the print, the object starts to print at the lower left corner of the base -- NOT at the center.  I have tried two different stl's and the same is happening with both.  I load a vast.stl and it prints perfectly at center.

Any ideas why the drain covers are not printing at center ?

Posted (edited) · Problem with print location

You have probably ticked the "Origin at center" checkbox in the Machine Settings in Cura. Make sure it is not checked and slice again.

Your printer firmware does not think of the center of the buildplate as coordinate 0,0. You told Cura that it does.

Edited by ahoeben
    • Thanks 1